Designed as a one-year, full-time course, covering the fundamentals in the information technology sector, which supports progression to a work-based learning qualification in the IT sector, and/or a further year of study at Level 3. It supports progression to higher education and employment opportunities if taken as part of a program of study that includes other BTEC International Level 3 qualifications or International A Levels.
The content of these qualifications has been designed to support progression to particular roles in information systems, either directly into entry-level positions linked to these occupational areas or, more likely, via particular higher-education routes in these specific areas. The qualification content has been designed in consultation with employers, professional bodies, and higher-education providers to ensure that the material is appropriate for the progression routes identified. All learners will be required to take mandatory content that is directly relevant to progression routes in all of the designated areas. Depending on the chosen course, these may include the following:
- Information Technology Systems – Strategy, Management and Infrastructure
- Website Development
- Cyber Security and Incident Management.
In addition, learners can have the flexibility to take a wide range of optional units:
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
- Data Modelling
- Mobile Apps Development
- Computer Games Development
- IT Project Management
- Big Data and Business Analytics
- IT Technical Support and Management
- Software Testing
- Customizing and Integrating Applications
- Cloud Storage and Collaboration Tools
- Digital 2D and 3D Graphics
- Digital Animation and Effects
- The Internet of Things
- Enterprises in IT
- Business Process Modelling Tools
These qualifications are recognized by higher-education institutions as fully meeting admission requirements to many relevant courses in a variety of areas of the IT sector, for example:
- HNC in Interactive Media
- FdSC in Business Computing
- HND in Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Information Management for Business
- BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) in Information Management for Business.
They also support learners who want to develop the knowledge and skills needed for vocational apprenticeship roles and allow for progression to job opportunities at trainee/entry levels. Jobs available in these areas include:
- Software Developer
- Web/Content Developer
- Mobile App Designer
- Games Designer
- IT/Business Analysis Support.
Course length: 1 year (2 terms)
Start dates: October 2020
Fees: 25,000,000 UZS
Academic requirements: Completion of 11 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with good grades.
English language requirements: IELTS 5.5 or equivalent (no bands less than 5.0)
Award: Pearson BTEC International Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Information Technologies